Breathing Apparatus Course (SCBA)
Emergency Breathing Apparatus Training Course from Firesafe999
This breathing apparatus course is designed for people who need to use BA sets for their employment, including emergency rescue teams.
One day introduction to Breathing Apparatus course.
Sets and cylinders can be provided for up to 6 students who will:
- Gain knowledge of BA and its effects on the physiology of the human body
- Wear the BA in actual or practical simulated conditions
- Manage the BA for safe use and survivability
- Shut down and re-commission the BA
A refresher is recommended every year.
- Introduction Course Objectives
- BA – Set description
- BA – Ancillary equipment
- Pre use / Donning / Doffing procedures
- Elementary physiology of respiration
- BA – Control procedures
- Entrapped procedure
- Methods of rescue
- Practical exercises wearing BA
- Cleaning and servicing sets
- Resuscitation and emergency first aid
- Post test
- Course review and close