Asbestos Awareness Course
This asbestos awareness course concentrates on raising awareness of trades persons on the potential for buildings / materials to contain asbestos, and the actions that they should take if asbestos is suspected.
The course will be of particular interest to those with a direct or indirect responsibility for the management of asbestos in the workplace.
Pre-entry requirements: English language, literacy and numeracy skills are required to conduct assessments.
Aims and Objectives
To provides those responsible for Health & Safety with an understanding and appreciation of the legal and practical requirements to protect themselves, their employees and visitors from the risks associated with asbestos on their premises.
- Types and properties of asbestos
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Uses and likely buy amoxicillin occurrences of asbestos
- Identification and location of asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos containing materials and products
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- Asbestos legislative guidance and related legislation
- Duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Emergency and accident arrangements
- Licensable work and notification requirements
- Types of asbestos surveys
- Avoiding the risks from asbestos
- Asbestos risk assessments
- Control measures to prevent exposure
- Management actions to prevent and reduce exposure
- Group exercises in asbestos management
- Selection of asbestos removal contractors
Delivery method: Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions. Delivery will include instructor led presentations and scenarios.
Need to Know More
Contact Firesafe999 Today to Enquire